Monday, June 18, 2007

New park not open yet

Much to my (and my son's) great disappointment, Heritage Park (the new park on Union Ave. in the Highlands) isn't open yet. We went over there today and, although the dedication ceremony was this past weekend, I was told by a friendly guy in an orange vest and yellow construction hat that the park's not ready yet. Another guy said that it would hopefully be ready this Friday (6/22) but likely not till the afternoon. They said that we'll know the park is open when the chain link rent-a-fence is no longer there. I'll keep you posted on things.

What I saw looked great. Big open grassy area; play equipment for ages 2-5 and ages 5-12; climbing rocks; a basketball hoop; paved pathways; covered picnic tables; and bathrooms. There was a "Koala Kare" sticker on the door of the women's restroom, so that means there's a changing table in there, which is good news for those of us with kids not yet potty trained. The bathrooms are close to the play area, too, which is nice for those of you who have kids who are potty trained and need to get to a toilet fast!

I'll let you know more once we test it out...

No comments: